Check out the facebook page here.

Check out the facebook page here. It's got more pics, links and ways to waste your time.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 race schedule

Happy New Years everyone.

I started 2013 how I always do: with a hangover. After several cups of coffee and leftovers from the party the night before, I finally got out for a ride, before the sun set. Oh, and the schedule for LPP's 2013 schedule was set. That was done in bed.

While the last week or so has not been great for fatbiking after all the snow we got, the reports on the society page have been saying that the trails around the city are in excellent shape now due to all the holiday traffic. Hampton Park, a little park close to where I live, was crap riding last week, but over the last five days, the trails have been packed down nice and hard by folks and their dogs. Deep troughs cut through the snow, and on them there is great speed and traction, but steer wide and you're hub-deep in snow. Classic winter riding!

The  fattie, straddling the trail.

While the ride was great, and the crisp air purged me of my hangover, the best part of Hampton was adding to my good karma: As I was riding around, I older gentleman asked me if I had seen a dog. I hadn't, but said I would keep an eye out. Five minutes later, I saw the dog, an old Jack Russel mix that looked scared and confused. I asked a lady nearby if it was hers and she said no. I told her I thought the dog was lost, and she said she'd keep the dog with her by means of treats. I went and found the man, and owner and dog were reunited. Everyone got to feel good.

Speaking of feeling good, I finally chose dates for the races this winter. Here they are.

Wednesday, Jan. 16th: pre ride at 7:30pm, race starts at 8
Wednesday, Jan. 30th: pre ride at 7:30pm, race starts at 8
Sunday, Feb. 10th : Registration and pre ride starts at 12pm, races start at 1. More on this event soon!
Wednesday, Feb. 27th: pre ride at 7:30pm, race starts at 8

Series final is Saturday, March 9th. Races starts at 7pm, party follows around 9pm.

As always, the races will be announced at noon the day of the race, or by word-of mouth. All the nighttime races are about an hour. The exception will be the Sunday afternoon race which I'll post up sooner rather than later.

Races will be 7 bucks each or all five for 25. Anyone who wants to pre-register, send an email to lebindle@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment